Wednesday, March 14, 2012

wednesday what

Don't worry. Didn't forget. Just procrastinated.
This week has felt as if it has lasted forever. And we are only just over half way. I can't complain too much, we are all finally healthy. Able to soak up this sunshine and wonderful weather.
Monday was uneventful.
Tuesday was a relief.
I had a doc appointment. My doc did an ultrasound to check on baby girl. She had not moved much in the previous 24 hours. The reason for her inactivity was quickly found. SHE HAS FLIPPED. I could not be happier. No guarantee she will stay this way, but chances are good. It has been strange trying to get use to her movements in a new position. Regardless. So glad she is head down.
Today was productive.
I finished the crib sheets for her bedding. Just have to make her blanket, bumper, crib skirt, changing pad covers, boppy cover, chair slip cover... ugh. But the sheets are done! And I baked a batch of delicious cookies. Orange creamsicle cookies. Thanks, Pinterest. Going to devour a couple after I finish blogging. After that I will be working on headbands. My adorable friend/hairdresser sells them for me. I like money, so it works well.
The rest of the week? Who knows. I try not to plan out too far in advance. Something about a bunch of little kids equalling an unpredictable life.
Random thoughts:
Silpats are amazing. SERIOUSLY. They make the bottoms of cookies turn out perfect.
I would die without my seam ripper. I do not use patterns when sewing. So it is essential.
I love my children. But they drive me nuts at bedtime when they don't go to sleep. Like now.
I tell myself I will make my husband dinner. Been telling myself that for over a year and a half.
I detest chipping my nails. So annoying to have my nails snag on everything.
Dandelions make me smile. I WILL stop, pull them out, and blow on them. Without pause.
Once again. Children who stall at falling asleep. Last night Joel was up after 10. Bedtime is 8...
Love that smile.
Sema, thought of you. Joel remarked, "just like your ladybug shirt, Mama!"

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You know, when you see a lady bug, its actually Ella saying 'hi' to you..you should feel honored. Doesn't happen very often to me! :)

angiedunn said...

cutest little guy with his teethies poppin' through. adorable. your blog is so pretty....i'd die to take pictures like you. ♥

The Dark Family said...

DO I SEE A TOOOOOTH making its way into that adorable smile????

Amy said...

That broke my heart and warmed it at the same time! In a good way, don't worry. :)
Thank you for thinking of her.

The Higham Family said...

I'm going to have to find that recipe...I love orange creamsicles! And in cookie form? That's just amazing!

Anonymous said...

I just got a brand new Silpat, still in the packaging, for $1.50 from Goodwill. I can't wait to use it!