Monday, March 19, 2012

yum

So, as you all know, Pinterest is my best friend. I find resources for everything there. Preschool. Crafts. Recipes. Clothes I covet but will never have the money to buy. You know. Everything. Our St. Patty's Day breakfast was brought to you by Pinterest. I am totally THAT MOM that tries to cute-ify everything. So this meal was no exception.
Just look at that marshmallowy goodness!
Unfortunately, I was unable to partake in this fun treat for two reasons. One, I am a celiac. And cannot eat Lucky Charms. Sadness. Two, I immediately left for the dentist after snapping a couple shots of this adorable breakfast. Getting a cavity filled is more fun than devouring sugary cereal, right? Ugh.
We all wore green on St. Patty's Day. Because I am THAT MOM. I told people we were patriotic.
I would have insisted on corn beef and cabbage for dinner, but we had a family get-together instead. I made two desserts. Cherry pie. And avocado-lime cheesecake. Because I love you, here are recipes for everything.

CRUST for both the pie and cheesecake can be found HERE. (pie was un-baked, cheesecake was pre-baked). I get so many compliments on this crust. I LOVE it. And if you are GF, I highly suggest making loads of her GF flour mixture. And using it for everything you do. It is that amazing.

CHERRY PIE. Buy 2-3 cans of cherry pie filling at the store
(depending on whether using a 9 inch or 10 inch pie pan). Flip the can over. Read the instructions. Bam. Cherry pie. Usually 40 - 45 minutes at a 425 degree oven when lattice or top crust. 10-20 minutes into baking, you may want to crimp foil around the edges of your crust so it does not burn. I did not do this. And burned the edges quite severely on one side. And yes. I cut out a bazillion little dough circles to cover my edges in a pretty pattern.

AVOCADO-LIME CHEESECAKE. My recipe below.

AVOCADO-LIME CHEESECAKE
1.5 packages cream cheese, softened
2 avocados, peeled, seeded, & diced
1.5 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice (portioned any way you want)
1 teaspoon lemon/lime zest (portioned any way you want)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl, whip cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add avocados, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until no lumps remain. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg. Add lemon/lime juice and zest. Mix until just combined. Pour mixture into a pre-baked pie crust and bake for 45 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Cool to room temperature and store in refrigerator until you are ready to serve.

2 comments:

Amy said...

ohmyfreakingheck.

You've got me seriously, seriously craving pie now. You fiend.

The pics are gorgeous too. You fab fotographer, you.

angiedunn said...

what the? motheroftheyear.