Monday, July 18, 2011

july 18th, 2006

Crazy. I know. It isn't even 10 am and I am posting. I will not be overloading you with pictures for the next few days. And some of the photos I DO use may not be mine (but I will give credit when a photo isn't mine).

July 18th,
"I decided to jump into the shower since the team was gone and I could have all the time I needed with my gimpy foot. I found the smallest plastic chair, hauled it into the bathtub, and proceeded with my shower. Showering while seated has to be one of the most awkward experiences in my life! I had no clue how to go about showering while in a chair. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to enter the shower without getting my foot all wet. I position the chair underneath the shower-head with the back facing the wall. When I finally had the temperature adjusted, I got in and left my injured foot hanging out over the edge of the side of the tub. Shampooing and conditioning was easy, but washing myself was a challenge. I only feel half clean.
*** "I went into the other room to sort clothes for the orphanage. Apparently clothes sorting has been done several times, but no one has counted what we have. The little office where the donation clothes were kept looked as if a tornado had ripped by, leaving only the plastic table with a laptop on top of it untouched. Clothes were strewn about everywhere. Panties, shirt dresses, socks, scrubs, pants, skirts. One heaping mess of clothes. I tackled a pile for an hour and a half before giving up completely.
*** [Speaking of the baby orphanage] "I held Elaina for a majority of the evening. I do not know how I am going to deal with leaving her. She has become so incredibly close to my heart. If it were open and able, and I had the money to do it, I would adopt that precious little girl and give her all the love in the world. She is so independent, yet so lovable and charming. Her laugh and her smile will always be with me. I hope she has and chooses the best life possible.
*** "At home, Abelio's wife Isabelle, and 4 children were waiting for us to return. We had invited Abelio, Isabelle, and their family over for dinner in appreciation of their wonderful services to us. Jody and Nikki had made vinaigrette cucumbers, fresh fruit salad, chicken alfredo sauce, and raspberry/pineapple jello. For dessert, peach cobbler was served."
Photo courtesy: Judy P.

Pretty low-key day due to my injury. In regards to the shower, we had to bathe in flip flops because the water is not entirely clean. Had I showered like normal, the water could have passed parasites or bacteria to my open wound... which would have been AWESOME. Not.

No comments: