Tuesday, July 12, 2011

musings of a mom

As a mother, there are times I am guilty of taking the "easy way out" so I don't have to deal with proper parenting. Why do I do this? Sometimes I am lazy. Sometimes I am selfish. Sometimes I am exhausted of the seemingly endless tantrums from one or all of my children. Either way, I am being honest in my doings by telling you that I cheat. As often as I can. And I feel no remorse. These are my sanity savers.

1. When I have made a gluten-free scrum-diddly-umptious dessert, I often times stick my entire head in the fridge to scarf down a couple bites here and there throughout the day.
2. When I don't want to share food/snack with my mooches children, I will lie to them and tell them that the said food/snack is all gone. Yes. I flat out lie to my children.
3. When a treat needs to be left out on the counter, I will hide it by covering it so my children will not beg me relentlessly to have some.
4. When I dish out food/snacks, I often give the faster eater more food to save myself from hearing him whine and plead with his brother - or me - for more.
5. When they aren't looking, I steal food/snacks from my children. Yup. I steal without shame.

Horrible? Maybe. Do I care? No. I am selfish with my food. Which is why Robert and I each get our own carton of ice cream. And I finish faster than he does. And end up eating his ice cream, too.

3 comments:

Stephen and Amy said...

Haha I think you're fine m'dear. One kid at daycare was so insistent on getting whatever I was eating, that I finally told him it was medicine. He left me alone.

Laura said...

Hahahahaha!!! Love it! I'm very selfish when it comes to food too. Reminds me of 'Friends' - "Joey doesn't share food!!!"

The Higham Family said...

Um, that doesn't sound like cheating. That sounds perfectly normal!!